Lots of great info and a worthwhile pledge on the World Breastfeeding Week site. Please go and have a poke around. What a great cause to support, am I right?
For me, the most important aspect about World Breastfeeding Week is the opportunity for families to connect and get informed about their options. Share your experience, be open to learning from the experiences of others. We are all doing the very best we can for ourselves, our babies and our families. So important to have support and an open dialogue and not get into judgement about what’s best.
I was inspired to read the World Breastfeeding Week 2012 objectives:
WBW 2012 Objectives
1. To recall what has happened in the past 20 years on infant and young child feeding (IYCF).
2. To celebrate successes and achievements nationally, regionally and globally and showcase national work at global level.
3. To assess the status of implementation of the Global Strategy for Infant and Young Child Feeding (GS).
4. To call for action to bridge the remaining gaps in policy and programmes on breastfeeding and IYCF.
5. To draw public attention on the state of policy and programmes on breastfeeding and IYCF.
So, this week (August 1 – 7) how will you be celebrating breastfeeding?